Fat Cat Coffee
- Fat Cat Coffee is a boutique coffee roaster located in Outram, a town about 25 minutes south of Dunedin, New Zealand. It was established in 2012 by Wendy Jepson. Wendy has been roasting since 2007, initially for the café that she started in Outram, The Wobbly Goat. When she sold the café in 2012, Wendy moved the 5kg Turkish drum roaster to her house and created a space specifically for roasting Fat Cat Coffee.
- Fat Cat Coffee is at the Otago Farmers Market every Saturday morning until midday serving hot coffee as well as selling coffee beans and ground coffee. Wendy supplies coffee to The Wobbly Goat Café, Rez de Chaussee, The Inspired Pantry, as well as individual customers for use in homes or offices.
- You can visit the roastery by getting in touch with Wendy or popping by on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10-2.
- Fat Cat Coffee is roasted in small batches frequently to ensure that you can always purchase fresh coffee. We recommend that you buy a small amount often rather than stocking up to make sure you have the best tasting coffee. We think Fat Cat Coffee is best around 4 days after roasting to allow a few days for the beans to have a chance to fully develop their flavour or de-gas. De-gassing is important as roasting creates carbon dioxide in the coffee, if you drink it too soon you may see fizzing in the cup and taste high acidity.
- Our house blend is called Sunday Drive, inspired by the drive out to sunny Outram. Sunday Drive is a blend of beans from Central America & Asia creating a full bodied, rich coffee with great mouth feel and a chocolately finish. Fat Cat Coffee ‘Sunday Drive’ won a bronze medals in the 2008 and 2012 NZ Coffee Awards.
- Our Decaf is a great tasting blend if you can't have the real stuff! Fat Cat decaf won a silver medal at the 2010 NZ Coffee Awards.
- You can purchase Fat Cat Coffee at the Otago Farmers Market on Saturdays, from the roastery on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10-2, from The Inspired Pantry, or online. To order online, please email your order to email@example.com and pay via the internet banking link on the ‘Contact Us’ page. Delivery and shipping options are also listed there.